Monday, June 24, 2013

Banana Berry Mango Smoothie

After our 12 day eating extravaganza in California, I decided that we were going to have a healthy eating week.  Well, as healthy as this family gets.  I still need my regular visits to Le Macaron in Winter Park, and I can't go long without chocolate. 


I've had this flourless chocolate cake with toasted marshmallows on my mind since I had it last week in Temecula.  I am determined to recreate it.  I'll keep you posted!  

OK.....refocus on healthy!  

My daughters can be a bit fussy about breakfast. Their first reaction when I make something new is usually , "I don't like that," unless of course I'm making donuts or something with chocolate. Thankfully, they enthusiastically ate the scones I made yesterday.  

This morning, I suggested a fruit smoothie, which they've had before, and they both said yes, a rare moment in my house.  

When I was pregnant with my twins, I drank a full recipe of this fruit smoothie with whole milk yogurt every morning for at least the last 5 months. It was a great, healthy way to start my day.  

Banana Berry Mango Smoothie

Ingredients

1 banana -- preferably cold
1 1/2 C frozen berries without sugar (I love the Costco frozen berry mix with raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
3/4 C frozen mango
3/4 C plain yogurt 
16 ounces of orange juice
2 tsp of sugar or 1 T honey

Directions

I used my stick blender, but you can blend all the ingredients together in a regular blender.  


I always use Stonyfield plain yogurt in my fruit smoothies because it's organic, certified gluten free, and full of healthy probiotics. 


The frozen fruit I used this morning -- 3/4 C of each


My preferred berry blend for smoothies.  I buy it at Costco.  


My All-Clad cooking utensil holder has been repurposed!  


I love my stick blender -- best kitchen appliance I've bought in years, though, the donut maker is kind of fun too!  I buy all my small appliances from amazon.com.


This recipe will fill up a 16 ounce glass 2 1/2 times.  

Happy Monday!  Enjoy!  











0 comments:

Post a Comment